Saturday, September 30, 2006

Summit with 500 youth

Eh all. Last saturday I went to a Eucharistic Adoration event called "The Summit." I think I've mentioned it before. This month it was at St. Mary's in Vancouver, and let me tell you it was awesome. They combined the teenager and college-level events together, and the result was 500 kids, many of whom were in tears (at times, that included me). At these events, young people bring up a vigil candle and place it on the altar beside the Blessed Sacrament while praise and worship music is sung.

I had the opportunity to film the event for S+L TV; they're interested in the footage for a special they're doing on eucharistic adoration. Those from Vancouver might remember last March when the monstrance blessed by JP2 was here; they came out and filmed that for the same story.

And then just yesterday I got to interview one of our local priests on the history of the devotion, for the same project.

So my work for S+L is only slightly hindered by not actually being in Toronto!
Anyway. Tomorrow is the life chain. I would encourage everybody to go out to witness to the tragedy of abortion.

No comments: