Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thought of the day

I suppose I should have realized it before, but man-oh-man, making tv shows really takes the magic out of it all.

Today we filmed two FOCUS episodes, one on the Vocations Crisis and a second on Angels. I'm learning about lighting and image composition, as well as learning the editing program, Avid.

On Saturday I'm going to the Midlands, to the site of the martyrdom of St John Brebeuf, to film the end of a week-long walking pilgrimage that the Polish community does every year. I'm pretty excited because SJB is one of my favourite saints.

Other than that, I'm just under a month away from coming home, and then the start of the school year...

4 comments:

DP said...

Remember to pray for Canada at the site of the martyrdom of St John Brebeuf.

Since we don't get S + L out here, are we going to be able to see any of the fruit of your labours from this summer?

Dave said...

Eh, D.

Fr. Tom told me to bring a disc back with my work, but it's all kind of spread out...
but I'm hoping to edit the Focus episode on vocations (I have to convince the programming director... prayers, please!) and so I'll be able to say I actually did it myself. I'll bring back what I can.

Dave said...

I think you're the only one reading my blog! Maybe I should post more.

Mitsy the MS Mouse said...

I'm reading it too, but yes, post more!